SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2018

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 13:27:00 -0500
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018, Paul Richard Thomas wrote:

> Could somebody explain why this is happening to those not versed in
> these problems with office365 ?

Every receiver of email decides the policies under which it
will accept it, or indeed, whether it will accept an offered
piece at all.  Anti-spam defense systems are the most common
reason offered

The owners of the Office 365 product, and those of Gmail have
(probably) decided that the content from the list 'looks
spammy' ... their choice, and that decision is applied on
behalf of their subscribers.  Also, to avoid 'educating'
senders of unsolicited email how to evade such restrictions,
the criteria shift without notice and may get tighter or
looser, depending on the whim of the email receiver that day

The alternative approach is for a email receiver is to simply
'mark' such as with a spam-assassin score, their opinion as to
how 'spammy' something is, and permit the mail user client to
decide what to do with it

I run under that latter system, and I see this as to your
question piece:

    T_DKIM_INVALID autolearn=no version=3.3.2-r929478

The theory is that an unhappy subscriber will complain, or go
elsewhere

These questions should properly be directed to your email
handling firm (here: Microsoft or Google)

-- Russ herrold