SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2018

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 21:30:10 -0500
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 4:17 PM Howard, Chris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think they determined that I was wrong...
> Actually, I don't really know.  So I should sit back and let the experts work.
> Good idea about the spam folder.

You're very welcome. I've been a spamhunter since.... well, since the
"Green Card Spam" hit Usenet in 1994, and email spam evolved from it
very shortly afterwards. I like the spam definition that Bill
Yerazunis (aka Crash) used when he wrote the crm114 spam filter, which
remains the most effective spam filter in the world. His definition is
"mail I don't want", and his filters work that way with training. I
had a devil of a time migrating him from emacs "rmail" to an imap
based mail system that would keep his email messages pristine for spam
filter training, so that the filter could read the entire message with
all the headers intact. Headers *matter* for spam filtering!