SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2018

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2018 09:01:43 -0700
> Subject: Security ERRATA Moderate: firefox on SL7.x x86_64
> This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.2.1 ESR.
>  Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Firefox 58 does not delete
> unencrypted previously stored passwords (CVE-2018-12383)

This "security fix" wiped out ALL my 130+ saved logins.
I have backups, and I can restore the previous version
of firefox, turn off updates for that, and restore my
saved logins, with some guidance.  Suggestions?

But ...

It has been more than a decade since I've detected a
security breach on any of my systems.  I am frequently
tormented by firefox interface changes and thoughtless
update management.

I don't need glitz, I don't need gestures, I need
stability and simple maintenance.  If I wanted fashion
and mindless entertainment, I'd get Macs.

Which web browser should I be using?  Chromium?

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]