SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2018

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:07:05 +0000
How does one update SL 7 using a mounted USB flash drive as the source

of a repo, rather than using any external network?  There were

instructions for doing this for EL pre-7 distributions, but I cannot

find similar instructions for SL 7.  I have a USB flash drive with the

current double-layer DVD SL7.5 install image (ISO) and that does work --

I just did a fresh install of SL7.5 using this media.

If anyone needs to post a URL, please send me email at [log in to unmask]

until I can change my registered SL list email address.  My university

(not "mine" anymore, as Faculty here have little meaningful shared

governance on these sorts of matters at this time) inspects all network

traffic and rewrites all URLs to point to the campus URL security

server/service (similar to the great firewall of the PRC), making access

difficult or impossible.  This includes any bibliographic citation with

a URL thus making bibliographic references impossible.

Yasha Karant