SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2018

From:
Adam Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2018 12:22:44 -0400
On 10/12/2018 11:09 PM, ~Stack~ wrote:
> For all the arguments of performance, well I wouldn't use either XFS or
> EXT4. I use ZFS and Ceph on the systems I want performance out of.

For a single, modest server that runs everything - email, web, DBMS,
etc. - I've recently switched from FreeBSD-11.2 with a four disk ZFS
RAID-10 to SL-7.5 with XFS on a four disk hardware RAID-5. While ZFS was
very convenient and had a lot of nifty capabilities, the resource
consumption was enormous and performance didn't seem to be as good as it
is now. (E3-1245, 32GB RAM, MR9266-4i)