SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2018

Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:11:35 -0500
I noticed that apply_updates in /etc/yum/yum-cron.conf is set to No on a centos
7 system while it is set to Yes on SL7x.

Is there any reason not to set to yes for centos?  I have cron job that emails
the user assigned to the desktop to reboot their machine when updates have been
installed. With apply_updates set to No, the job fails to detect the install
with 'yum history'. I can fix this but I was wondering if there is some reason
why I shouldn't configure the daily yum cron the same way, ie, apply_updates=yes.

Thanks.