SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2018

From:
"Lofgren, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lofgren, Eric
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 00:54:27 +0000
Hey all,

I’m planning to install a new hard drive to expand the root logical volume on my machine, which is having now pretty continual capacity issues. The various tutorials for RHEL-like operating systems seem straightforward enough, but there seems to be some disagreement as to whether or not if you’re expanding the root LV you need to unmount it first (and thus would need to boot the machine from a USB drive or the like in rescue mode).

Does anyone know if this is necessary?

Any other pointers anyone has?

Thanks,
Eric