SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2018

From:
Gilles Detillieux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gilles Detillieux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 21:02:15 -0500
According to me:
> According to Eve V. E. Kovacs:
> > When I try to use the gui interface provided in
> > /usr/bin/system-config-printer
> >
> > on an SL6 system I get the error:
> >
> > File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 28,
> > in <module>
> >      import gtk.glade
> > ImportError: No module named gtk.glade
> >
> > I've poked around a bit to try and find out where I can get the missing
> > module, but google suggestions have not panned out.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Eve
>
> It sounds like the pygtk2-libglade package on your SL6 system is missing
> or corrupt. It's a dependency for all/most of the system-config-*
> utilities. Try "rpm -V pygtk2-libglade" first to see if it's missing or
> if some of its contents don't check out. (Note a capital V for verify
> as the option to rpm.) If it's missing, "yum install pygtk2-libglade"
> should get it on your system. If it's there but not intact, try
> "rpm -e --nodeps pygtk2-libglade" first, then the yum install command.
> All of these would have to be done as root or under su.

Apparently in the latter case you can just do "yum reinstall pygtk2-libglade",
without messing with rpm -e. I haven't tried that myself, but the yum man page
mentions it.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/