SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2018

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2018 01:01:31 +0100
On 31/01/18 15:36, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Am 31.01.2018 um 14:37 schrieb Nico Kadel-Garcia:
>
>  Scientific Linux is a rebuild of Red Hat, so that looks like it should
>> be reported to Red Hat, https://bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> But will they accept it with:
>
> [...]
> os_release:     Scientific Linux release 7.3 (Nitrogen)
> [...]
> pkg_vendor:     Scientific Linux
>
> After all I am not a paying Redhat customer.

They will likely accept the bug, but you won't get any ETA or tight follow-up
of that bug ticket - unless they have some additional questions.  But it will
at least provide some data for their statistics.  If they see a broader
pattern of this or related issues, it can get a fix quicker - which again
comes back to SL.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth