SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2018

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2018 07:55:41 -0500
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 4:22 AM, Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> All sorted.
> The second USB stick worked OK before doing the chroot.

Good. I was wondering why the first stick didn't have network enabled
when it booted. Not all drivers work perfectly from some USB sticks
and the minimal kernel present on them, but I've certainly used them
myself to do recovery work.

I'm trying to figure out why you're doing dual boot. Does the Windows
box not have enough resources to run VirtualBox, and run your working
Linux in a VM ? I've found that very useful for development work,
since Steam doesn't work as well on Linux boxes to give access to
games I might like to play with all resources available.