SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2018

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:41:40 -0800
On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Bruce Ferrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 1/18/18 3:51 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> On 01/18/2018 05:58 AM, Mark Stodola wrote:

> I just checked a vanilla kernel source tree against the kernel source rpm...
> ./drivers/usb/gadget is empty in the rpm version!
>
> What's up with that?
>
> usb-gadget is not supported upstream by TUV
>
> You could try the alternate kernels from ELrepo perhaps.
> -Mark
>
> Next on my agenda... I was just startled to see part of the source tree
> stripped out.
>
> ...And I find what looked like was stripped out is an artifact of not having
> the module enabled
>
> That's what I get for not building kernels since to early 2000s
>
> All of that aside, were one to WANT to rebuild the kernel, how would one go
> about that?

As suggested by Mark, you can try ELRepo's kernel-ml or kernel-lt. In
both kernels, gadget is enabled in the config:

CONFIG_USB_GADGET=m

If you wish to build your own kernel, then try following the instructions in:

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

Or you could build just a module instead of a whole kernel:

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BuildingKernelModules

Akemi