SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2018

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:06:43 -0500
What does "Ubuntu 16.04" have to do with a Scientific Linux
enrironment? "Scientific Linux" is a particular rebuild of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, supported by CERN. I'm afraid you should ask in
Ubuntu mailing lists. Ubuntu has a very particular packaging and
referencing technique for installing libraries.

libintl is part of the "gettext" packages in Scientific Linux, I
assume that for Ubuntu you'd want to instlal the related libraries and
development toolkit to be able to compile it into a new application.