SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2017

From:
"Miguel A. Lerma" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miguel A. Lerma
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:27:47 +0000
The way I upgraded to 7.4 was as follows.

First make sure that /etc/yum/vars contains the files releasever and slreleasever.  The former should have the major version number, i.e., 7:

# cat /etc/yum/vars/releasever
7

The later may have the latest minor version, e.g.:

# cat /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever
7.3

Edit /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever and change it to 7.4:

# cat /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever
7.4

If you want to have always the latest version then replace 7.4 with 7x above:

# cat /etc/yum/vars/slreleasever
7x

Then you can do the usual upgrade:

# yum clean all

# yum update

etc.

Then check that the upgrade was sucessful:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux release 7.4 (Nitrogen)

That worked for me.

-  Miguel A. Lerma