SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2017

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2017 12:08:22 -0600
On 11/06/2017 10:18 AM, D Greig wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> SL7.4.
>
> The title above says it all.
>
> After reboot:
>
> [root@mu dg]# hdparm -B /dev/sda
>
> /dev/sda:
>   APM_level    = 128
>
> And the keyboard defaults to US layout rather than the desired 105 key
> english UK layout.
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated.

The hdparm settings can get wiped out in a number of ways, especially if
you are sleeping/hibernating.  This link might be helpful:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/hdparm
I haven't found a need to adjust these on any of my systems recently, so
have no experience fighting udev/systemd with this.

As for the keyboard, I would check using 'localectl'
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system_administrators_guide/s1-changing_the_keyboard_layout

If that is set correctly and you still have trouble, it might be within
your window manager.