SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2017

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:37:24 -0500
On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I am getting a lot of this nonsense with I start and stop vi lately:
>
> Something weird in your .vimrc or .viminfo file?
>
>                  - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, http://wildcorvid.org
>
> You can never get ahead by getting even.  - Japanese proverb

Use emacs? (Ducks for cover!)

I'd agree with the guess of something oddball in your .vimrc or
.vominfo. Try moving them aside and see if you get the same result.

Also, if you're using an oddball LANG setting due to typically
operating in another language, you might try using "LANG=C" and see if
you get the same reults.