SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2017

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:57:48 -0700
Dear List,

In the situation I am facing, a database is not shutdown by the
systemd script that started it at boot. (Its start point was
actually hacked into a related bash file called by another
systems script without a shutdown hack.)  There is no "ExecStop"
line.   NO, IT WAS NO  MY DOING !!!

I am not saying which (proprietary) database as I don’t want to
get into any legal cross hairs.  Anyway, someone else is using
the database.  The database works fine.

The vendor is not systemd literate and keeps complaining about
it only works under SysV.  And no, they won’t give me the SysV
rc.d scripts and let me convert it for them.  And, yes, I know,
you can still use SysV if you must.  But, again, as I said,
it is not my doing.

I am thinking there is a possibility of data corruptions.

Question: does the general shutdown take care of this issue?
Am I presuming too much to think this is handled by the general
shutdown global SIGTERM?  The database does properly respond
to SIGTERM.

Do I understand the global SIGTERM correctly?

Many thanks,
-T