SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2017

From:
Bruce Ferrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Ferrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:50:52 -0700
On 9/28/17 6:09 AM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> On 9/28/17 2:36 AM, David Sommerseth wrote:

>>>  From what you say, you may be using exchange and while davmail may do
>>> the job, I used exquilla.  It cost me $10.00/year for the license,
>>> but I
>>> found it VERY effective in dealing with MS Exchange.
>> Doesn't Evolution ship with Exchange support these days?
>>
>> <https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/exchange-placeholder.html.en>
>>

>> I see my RHEL7.4 box have both evolution-ews and evolution-mapi
>> packages.
>>

> Possibly, but ever since evolution ate my mailbox (admittedly years
> ago) I've stayed as far from that as possible... I also simply prefer
> the environment of Thunderbird over highly integrated mail clients

One other thing that really irked me about Evolution (and kmail and the
other highly integrated mail clients)... They all seem to want to run a
database server (usually mysql at least it's not postgres).  I hated it
in ccMail (Yes, I've been dealing with mail clients THAT long. it later
was integrated into Lotus Notes) and I hate it now.

I understand WHY they want/need to do that... Multiple applications
sharing the same data, BUT to me that means they should REALLY rethink
what they're doing.