SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2017

From:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:10:35 +0300
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:33 PM, aleksander.baranowski
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks Oleg for not so obvious (for me) observation about spins.
>
> There is simple solution for SL7 - It's possible to use /etc/os-release.
> Some useful information could be provided from there. /etc/os-release is
> part of sl-release rpm. Assuming that spins have their own release rpms,
> it should work.
>
> Patch could check if os-release exists and if so take
> NAME="Scientific Linux" and && HOME_URL="http://www.scientificlinux.org//"
> There is still problem with vendor string. The simplest solution is to
> make NAME as vendor.

Just adding of  VENODR variable may be a reasonable solution.

Actually, to get the "Distributor ID" in the lsb_release shell script,
commands like this were used:

head -n 1 /etc/redhat-release | sed -e
's/[[:blank:]][Ll][Ii][Nn][Uu][Xx][[:blank:]]/ /g' -e
's/\(.*\)[[:blank:]]release.*/\1/' -e 's/[[:blank:]]//g'