SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2017

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2017 20:36:44 -0400
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Stephen Isard
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 23:06:27 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Then perhaps there is an issue with your nearest SL mirror? Perhaps
>>you could simply disable the sl-fastbugs repo for now, and see what
>>yum-cron does? I wouldn't activate sl-fastbugs on a production host
>>due to potential poor interactions with these leading edge packages.
>
> Can you get anything from the actual error message back in my first post
> (https://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1707&L=SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS&T=0&F=&S=&X=5CC755D9BAD01309BB&Y=7p03xyr02%40sneakemail.com&P=51760)?
>
> It's complaining about a missing file on my local system.  I don't know why yum-cron expects such a file to be there,
> but I would expect on general principles for that error message to get passed up through the python calls and for yum-cron
> to issue its own complaint. Instead I'm getting a system call error.  /var/log/messages shows
> "python: detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/sbin/yum-cron'".

Frankly, no, I can't deduce that kind of thing remotely and with
limited information. yum-cron is normally a shell script: you should
be able to run it as the root user, typically with the "bash -x
/etc/cron.daily/yum-cron" options, and get a better handle on what
precisely it's trying to pull down.