SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2017

From:
Iosif Fettich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:15:43 +0300
Hi,

we faced a similar problem, but checking /var/log/rkhunter/rkhunter.log
showed the real issue.

We're using prelinking, which apparently relies on SHA1 checksums.
The new rkhunter comes with SHA256 default hashing.

# echo "HASH_CMD=sha1sum" >> /etc/rkhunter.conf.local

solved the problem. That was on a CentOS server, but maybe it's relevant
even so.

Best regards,

Iosif Fettich