SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2017

From:
Alec Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alec Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 05:47:28 -0500
David G. Miller writes:
> Warning: The file '/usr/bin/ipcs' exists on the system, but it
> is not present in the 'rkhunter.dat' file.

I think this is the relevant bit.  Looks to me like the updated rkhunter
changed how it cares about ipcs to resolve this localization bug bug
against the 1.4.2 version:

  https://sourceforge.net/p/rkhunter/mailman/message/32127754/

Since the last time you did a "--propupd" to set up the DB of what your
system's "OK" state was with with the old bugged cersion, the daily
check complains (in a less than informative fashion).

I just satisfied myself that ipcs was an ok copy and did a --propupd,
and now the rkhunter cron job is happy.

--
			       Alec Habig
		     University of Minnesota Duluth