SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2017

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:56:21 -0400
Thank you all for your help.

Once we knew that the Cad Package required 32 bit libs. and where it was
looking for them.  It was pretty straight forward.
We use a rater agricuratural approach.  We "scp" required libs from old
working machine to new system and put required 32 bit libs into /usr/lib
it ran perferfectly.  Had to go back and use orrigional licence key to
enable all features. No problem there because we purchased it.

For future ref. we made a data CD with allrequired libs and licence
key.

The name of the CAD package is Eagle version 5.11 we use to design and
layout printed wiring boards.
The only feature we could use is a way to build transmission lines with
a set impedance and equal lengths.  Whe we are building processor based
devices / boards that run at a G Hz or above.  The arival of all data
and adresses at the processor is critical any skew in address or data
will cause you a problem.

Autodesk owners of ACad purchased Eagle and began by modfying / adding
icons that are nonsensical.  This is really bad for me becuse I am a
dislexic (sp) where when you look at funny Icons they are giberish.
Other than asking for a monthly subscription fee and having to login to
their system to use the rented package, they have added nothing of
value.
A lot of times we are in an environment that does not have internet
acessablity and need to look at a schematic and you can't with new login
requirement.
We have decided to pass on the Eagle upgrade becuse it offers nothing of
value to us other than more incomprensable Icons.
We are looking for another package for circuit card design.
We paid 2,700 $ for Eagle Professional awhile ago and it really worked.
We were willing to buy it again if it offered more design features that
are hard to duplicate by hand such as constant impedance lines.  The
"Radio Amature hand book 17" has a good design layout and formulas for
making transmission lines on a circuit board.

Thank You All for your help and advice.

Larry Linder