SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2017

From:
Andrew Komornicki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Komornicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:50:15 -0700
Hi,

   I believe that the problem is not with your configuration, but with
your IPtables settings.  You need to open up some ports which by
default are currently blocked.  I believe they are in the 5900 range.

 You can try a simple experiment.  Turn off iptables;  try to connect
to your Linux machine, and see if the problem goes away. I believe
that it will.  Look at the man pages for VNC and see which port(s) to
open in the IPtables config.   Hope this helps.

regards,
Andrew

 Andrew Komornicki
 Department of Chemistry