SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2017

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:38:10 -0700
Hi All,

I have been using UNIX and Linux for over 25 years and
did not realize X11 has four clipboards.  I recently
discovered the Secondary Selection keyboard.

It really saves a bunch of time when I am programming as
I don't lose my cursor's hot spot.

Here is a great 8 minute video demonstrating all four
clipboards.  It is must learn for anyone using Linux.

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl/Secondary-Selection.mp4

To support this clipboard, your program has to use the
GTK Toolkit.

-T