SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2017

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:18:06 -0700
On 06/19/2017 05:12 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:16 AM, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Any rumors on when 7.4 will hit SL?
>
> Why are you always so keen about dot-releases?

Because when Red Hat fixed my bug reports, they always fix
it in the next release.  They don't care about the one I
am using.  It is appreciated that they fix them, although
somewhat frustrations that I have to wait forever to see them.

> Do you perform installs for every dot-release or are you using
> versioned yum repos (the latter doesn't make sense if you always
> switch to the latest dot-release)?

I let it auto update.  I usually don't realize it has happened.
I wait for chatter about it here, then go look at
/etc/redhat-release