SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2017

Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:34:12 -0700
I see in the SL user mailing list archives that rpcbind version
0.2.0-13.el6_9.1 was published on Tuesday in the fastbugs repo.  Will it
be pushed to the security repo, or is it still in a testing period?

It seems sensible to push it to security updates given that version
0.2.0-13.el6_9 in security updates is broken.  When the fastbugs repository
is not enabled on a system then this new update would not be seen during
yum-updates without enabling that repo.  Further, the SL 6 fastbug rpcbind
update appears only in the 6.9 tree in the mirror at this time, and not
other point releases; example:

  http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.7/x86_64/updates/fastbugs/

I just updated one of my SL6 systems to the new version, and it works fine
for me (testing nfs client service).

cheers, etc.
   Denice
--