SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2017

From:
"Marios C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marios C.
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2017 07:43:24 -0500
Hello guys!
I was struggling with the netinstaller of SL-7.3. We have a capsulated network and had to sync an mirror for offline use.
When booting into the netinstaller the screen freezes when it is about to enter the installation source.
After reading the logs I found out, that the installer was trying to resolve the scientific Linux FTP server. The Installation stucks there for hours. I tried a lot of combinations and grub parameters but with no effect. Does anybody has expierience with this situation?
FYI; CentOS 7.3 NetInstaller works fine in this environement.

Thank you!

Greets,
Marios