SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2017

From:
Michael Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:57:28 -0400
On 4/11/17 3:41 PM, jdow wrote:
> So I suppose the extended downtime while several terabytes of data are
> restored after it's loss due to filesystem malfunction is of no
> consequence to you.
While not trying to dowse the fire with gasoline, I'd like to remind
folks that data loss isn't the only problem, data corruption is also a
problem.

Oh, and while one's trying to manipulate serveral terabytes of data, the
system slowing to a crawl because of excessive thrashing or fs overhead
is also bad.