SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2017

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:45:30 +0200
Hi David and all,
yes, it 'struck' me. And frankly, i'm afraid, if some windows admin says
how the Linux should work, are you not? :-))

I am not rude or anything, just saying my opinion. Yes, i'm
conservative, i know it and i'm not ashamed for it.. i simply am no
Linux Liberal :-D.

I welcome all the 'clicky' tools for the laptop/desktop users, but let's
face it, they are minority in comparison with server installations, so
that's where the efforts should be focused by the Enterprise distros (imho).

Isn't it funny that M$ worked so hard to get some resemblance of 'cli'
(power shell they call it?) and on the other hand some Linux distros
work so hard to 'hide' the 'cli', so that admins can just click/drag in
some buggy python GUI?
World is strange place ... :-)

with best regards,
Karel