SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2017

Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:39:00 -0500
On 04/10/2017 10:59 AM, Tom H wrote:

> The lead NM developer's replied to you on fedora-devel@ or
> fedora-user@ in the past that he and his fellow NM developers have
> worked hard to add to NM configuration options for complex server
> setups as well as a cli tool for managing settings. Sadly, NM seems to
> be a project that can do nothing right in the eyes of its users even
> though it's left the flakiness of its early years behind.

I'm not sure why I'm jumping into the fray but this paragraph struck me as to
exactly why network manager is anathema to so many of us.  Even if it is not as
flaky as it used to be.

I'm living with it but I can't you the number of times  nmcli and firewall-cmd
have made my blood pressure go up.   The latter is even worse with its option
style subcommands and is near impossible to remember choices.  Is it  list-all,
zone-get-info,  zone-list-all?   Wtf?