SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2017

Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:22:36 +0100
Dear All,

I installed SL7.3 a few weeks ago - thanks for a great distro.

However, I've discovered the following behaviour which I think
constitutes a bug:

Yesterday, I accidentally (as part of a more general yum install
invocation with some wildcards in it) ran:

yum install fermilab-conf_doe-banner-console

This wrote a passage of text to /etc/motd, causing a vaguely
threatening message, purporting to constitute a legally-binding
contract, to appear on screen at boot time.

However, subsequently running

yum remove fermilab-conf_doe-banner-console

does not remove the passage of text from /etc/motd, and does not stop
the message from appearing at boot time.

Is there some sort of upstream bugzilla to which someone can pass this
on, please?