SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2017

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 22:44:17 +0200
On 31/03/17 13:40, James M. Pulver wrote:
> Shouldn't we all take a step back here and ask why your IT support isn't
> providing the resources you need to run the experiment?

This is absolutely important to consider for the person going to do such
a project.  But that shouldn't stop us on this ML to try to provide some
solutions which can work.

If this person doesn't use these solutions, others in completely
different needs may use this information for their challenges.

Mailing lists are a good place to "think aloud" and get input and ideas,
to share knowledge and learn new things.

I for one will not stop sharing my knowledge when I feel I have
something valuable to share.  Whether people use or find my input
valuable and useful or not is secondary to the sharing itself.  Because
we all grow when we share.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth