SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2017

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:06:18 -0400
We are still using SL 5.10 on a number of workstations.  The users are
used to using KDE with a lot of desktops - 12 or more.  We switched a
number of boxes to SL 6.8 and we get a lot of grumbles about desktop.
We run VMWare and load applications that require Windows there.  We have
everything from Windows 2000 Server to Windows 10 on system.

Thank you All for an excellent OS.
Got a number of responses but there were a lot of missing parts we could
not locate.  Anybody really done it?

If we could only have KDE for SL 6.

Thank You
Larry Linder