SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2017

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:05:56 -0400
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Lars Behrens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> After copying a system like I have done a million times before (but only
> with debianic, suse or arch systems) by
>
> * starting a live system on the target

This is not defined. What does "starting a live system" mean? Starting
from a boot CD or DVD? Using PXE to run a rescue Linux? Or something
else?

> * copy the origin to mounted target device

How did you "copy the system"? Tar, for example, does not carry along
SELinux permissions. The "star" tool can.

> * chroot afterwards
> * adapt /etc/fstab and hosts/hostname files
> * install and config grub.
>
> after reboot I cannot log in to the resulting system neither as root nor
> as user.
>
> When I set selinux to permissive it works. So I am missing some basic thing.

I'd definitely look at /var/log/secure on the new system to see what
is grousing.