SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2017

From:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:59:46 +0000
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017, Steven Haigh wrote:

> On 04/02/17 03:22, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
>> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1530413
>> explains Red Hat's position on this, but it can only be read by
>> those with a Red Hat contract.
>
> You don't have to have a contract, only an account. Anyone can register,
> and there's also free 'developer' accounts if you wish.

Thanks.

After more effort than it was worth, I now have an account
and am able to read the page and see now little Red Hat had to say.

I had hoped that since OpenSSL minor releases aren't supposed
to break binary compatibility, RH would just switch to v1.0.2.

Given that it is three months until the end of RHEL6, Production Phase 2
(May 10, 2017, see https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/ )
I can see that it is time to determine my stretegy for migrating
from SL6. (I'm down to one machine and SL7 is very different from SL6
so I shall consider several options).

Thanks again,

Andrew C Aitchison