SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2017

From:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 18:56:50 +0100

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2017, Yasha Karant wrote:
>
>> I understand that this not an Apple forum.  However, my spouse has been assigned an Apple iPad 2 Air from our university administration, and she was reluctant for political reasons to demand a Linux or Android "equivalent" of this unit.
>>
>> I have been attempting to configure it .  I have found that Mozilla does not support this platform:  (quoting from Mozilla) Mozilla.org <http://Mozilla.org> does not have any version of Thunderbird and Firefox for iOS due to Apple's restrictions on the JavaScript and browser engines that can be used.

While that information is true for Thunderbird, it is no longer valid for Firefox. You can download Firefox by Mozilla in Apple’s AppStore.

I use Apple MacBook, iPad and iPhone for many years along with my Fedora & SL installations using Postfix and Dovecot as my mail server and central mail repository. It works fine an flawless allthough it was a bit tricky at the beginning. If you have a specific questions I might be able to provide some information.

—
Dr. Peter Boy
Universität Bremen
Mary-Sommerville-Str. 5
28359 Bremen
Germany

www.zes.uni-bremen.de

Are you looking for a web content management system for scientific research organizations?
Have a look at http://www.scientificcms.org

Are you looking for a web content management system for public administrations?
Have a look at http://www.aplaws.org & https://fedorahosted.org/aplaws/