SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2017

From:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:43:34 -0500
Hello:

With SL6 I was able to use ctrl-alt-(arrow) and move from one workspace
to another.  With SL7, gnome no longer changes workspaces (does nothing).
With SL6 I was able to right click on the applications menu and use the
resulting menu bar to add apps.  No menu results from a right click, so
none of those selections are available (add to panel, properties, delete
this panel, new panel, help, about panels).
With SL6 I was able to move the active-file tab menu to the top and the
applications-places-system menu bar to the bottom.  I haven't found a
way to move the menu bar with SL7.

There's other issues I'm having such as missing mplayer from the yum -y
list output.  Presumably there's a repo missing from my availables.

Regards,
Chip Campbell