SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2017

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:37:27 +0100
On 20/01/17 15:32, Urs Beyerle wrote:
> I see the same behavior when shutting down the latest version of SL73
> live system. "Dynamic System Tuning Daemon" always takes 1min 30sec
> before it quits. I haven’t seen this before? For the live system this is
> quite annoying. I will therefore disable tuned.service for live system
> boots.

To further try to understand why that happens, this might provide some
useful clues ...

<https://github.com/farseerfc/systemd-shutdown-diagnose>

Seems to be Arch oriented, so it might need a little bit tweaking.  But
I believe the important kernel dependency (ftrace) should be enabled in
all the SL kernels, so that should not be a show-stopper.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth