SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2017

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:53:07 +0100
On 20/01/17 09:11, Bill Maidment wrote:
> Update.....
>
> After shutting down several times everything seems to have settled
> down and there is no delay. Maybe I'm too impatient. Or something
> needed time to stabilize.

When you experience such issues, systemd does have a good way to help
point fingers at why the boot process lags ...

  # systemd-analyze blame

Replace 'blame' with 'plot', and you'll get an SVG file with a graphical
presentation of the boot process, in which order unit files started,
when they started and how much time each of them needed.  Or use 'dot'
to get a similar view in the dot(1) format.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth