SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA Archives

November 2016

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:20:59 -0600
When Scientific Linux started building the Software Collection Library
and Developer Toolset, these packages were not freely distributed.

The upstream packages and more can now be obtained from
softwarecollections.org.

With this in mind, we will be discontinuing the Scientific Linux
Software Collections. As a part of this process we will:
- archive the existing RPMS
- provide a new yum-conf-softwarecollections which points to the
SoftwareCollections.org repo

The new yum-conf-softwarecollections rpms are available now.

Users of the yum-conf-softwarecollections rpms can upgrade to the latest
version by running 'yum update yum-conf-softwarecollections'.

Archiving the Scientific Linux Software Collections is scheduled for Nov
28 2016.