SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2016

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:35:49 -0500
Well the big question there is do you use any RHEL addons.
RHEL base and SL are nearly identical except for. Slight lag on updates, and a few packages added to SL ‎for the labs.
The bad news is any thing beyond the base version of RHEL such as the HA addon is not included in SL
Essentially if you build your hosts with kickstarts you should have no problem creating SL clones of RHEL boxes.
I my self usually use SL in dev and RHEL in prod mission critical and or PCI environments.‎
‎