SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2016

Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:34:20 -0500
I've made a minimal install with the --installroot option into a folder that I want to export as an nfs root.  I'm wondering if someone has a checklist on what I should do post-install to configure the files in the install.  I can think of some obvious ones.  But it looks like painstaking work to go through all in the files in etc.

One thought I had was kickstart.  Since a kickstart install configures as well, it should be possible to trace the kickstart install to see what it does, which files it updates, etc.  I use kickstart all the time but have never bothered to poke around how it does things.

I'd appreciate any pointers, suggestions, alternatives, etc.

Thanks.