SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2016

From:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:46:17 +0000
Having got SL 7.2 up on my new 2-in-1 I have some
interface queries. The first ones may relate to having
an HD screen in that the defaults may be fixed in pixels,
and hence too small on a screen with more pixels,
rather than the physical sizes.

1, The default fonts e.g. in the list shown by grub, the names
of menus in gnome applications etc, are too small. The old
CTRL-SHIFT and + or - does not appear to affect those nor
does the changes to default font sizes using gnome-tweak-tool

2. the scrollbars are so narrow they are very hard to pick
up. Using gnome-color-chooser fixed that for some but
not all programs/applications e.g. not for terminal.

Good advice welcomed!
 Malcolm