SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:57:58 -0700
Assuming that you found Gnome 2 more acceptable than MS Win 8 or 10,
etc., may I strongly recommend MATE?  I have this GUI/manager installed
on all my SL 7 boxes, as well as on a Mint box for a colleague (the
laptop in that case came pre-installed with Mint -- leaving it was much
less work than starting from scratch with the current EL 7 installation
DVD). Note that for full functionality, one must install essentially all
of the MATE RPMs otherwise small but convenience-necessa bits are missing.

Yasha Karant