SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2016

From:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:08:01 +0000
Thanks, Andrew. I will check those possibilities. A problem
with the graphics drivers seems likely in that I get the same
result with my default (test) user as with my own personal login.
However, logging in as root gives a perfectly normal Gnome
screen.So it may be that somehow a permission got changed.
What's odd is that this all happened in the course of moving
the cursor around and the abrt error message suggests it was
moving the cursor across the clock that caused the problem.

I'm not sure if my previous email came out as intended as it
was done on the faulty machine.... I hope the abrt-cli messages
were readable

Thanks again, Malcolm