SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2016

From:
"EXT-Askew, R W" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EXT-Askew, R W
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2016 13:00:57 +0000
I will take a look at this script

Thanks Mark

Bill

-----Original Message-----

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 1:27 PM

To: EXT-Askew, R W <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: create repodata for a custom install DVD

On 10/07/2016 01:04 PM, Bill Askew wrote:

> I have been searching for a howTo that provides the steps required to create the repodata on an install DVD.

> I am using the SL 7.2 install DVD as a baseline and removing the unneeded packages then am using a kickstart file to do the install.

> This works fine without updating the repodata however if I want to add packages or replace packages with new packages I believe I would need to rebuild the repodata the match the new packages.

> Thanks

I have a modified version, but this is what Pat sent me a few months ago (written by Connie).  It is a good starting point for rolling your own.

The approach I took was to put my additional packages either using the context scheme SL proposes or just another directory off the DVD root.

Depending on what you decide to do, you will want to grab a copy of the original comps.xml and make any additional modifications to it.  Then, from what will be the DVD root, run 'createrepo -g <path_to_comps.xml> .'  This will find and build a repo from all rpms found in subdirectories.

I also have some scripts to inject custom bootloader configs and kickstart options if you are interested.

Hope that helps.

-Mark