SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2016

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:38:34 -0700
I rebooted the machine picking an earlier kernel from the list.  The
software power indicator does work under this condition, showing both
the mains connection and the remaining run time from the battery (state
of charge).  In all cases, the mains indicator from the power adapter at
the laptop is illuminated, indicating that there is incoming power from
the mains adapter.

Has anyone else observed this?  Is there going to be a patch, or does
one run the earlier (presumably less secure) kernel?

Yasha Karant