SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2016

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:18:27 +0200
On 29/09/16 14:26, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to set up Kerberos-Authentication via pam.
>
> I installed pam_krb5 and executed
>
>   'authconfig --enablekrb5 --update'
>
> but there is no kerberos-ticket created at login, only after an extra kinit.
>
> I checked in /etc/pam.d/*, and found that there are no pam_krb5.so
> entries except the file smartcard-auth
>
> So obviously I am doing something wrong or the authconfig mechanism
> doesn't work as expected.
>
> Any hints for me?

Try using SSSD instead.  That is the service which can cache the users
password and fetch a ticket as soon as it can reach the KDC.  To only
use sssd for authentication, you use --enablesssdauth as option to
authconfig.

Some relevant man pages: sssd-krb5(5), sssd.conf(5), sssd(8)

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth