SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2016

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2016 09:37:51 -0400
Three weeks ago everything was working normally.

We have used ssh and sftp and recently have had a number of problems
loging into sites with passwd failures.

This applies to SL 5.09 and 6.7.

updated ssh using yum and our versions are up to date.

Using the ssh debug switch -v it tells you step by step what your
progress is.  We get down to passwd and it fails 3 times.  If I use a
deliberate incorrect passwd it fails twice.

Our Web hosting people don't have a clue and their support group is in
the Philippines. They are nice people but cannot resolve the issue.

We have have been using gftp for years. We have tried the command line
login with same result.

Did ssh with -sftp option change recently?

Any ideas on how to debug problem.

Larry Linder