SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2016

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:21:10 -0500
Does anyone have any good documentation or reference on customizing KDE4
as used in SL7 system-wide/default?

In SL5 I could drop in static files in /usr/share/config/ to get the job
done.

They've gone and added more layers of complication (dynamic indices) in
their configuration files and some sort of plasma-desktop scripting
language that has questionable documentation.  At this point, I would be
happy to set a default wallpaper and be able to add some icons to the
panel.  Later I would like to set some default policies, such as focus
and eye candy type things.

-Mark